Landlord home emergency insurance - what is covered?

5 min read
Published on
October 2, 2022
Man leaning against
Want blogs directly in your inbox?
Subscribe to our newsletter.

What is a landlord home emergency policy and why is it important?

It's no secret to landlords that there are a lot of rules and regulations to abide by to ensure your property is up to legal standards. This means that all landlords must do what all great landlords already do: make sure they have a plan if something goes wrong.

Most homeowners own contents insurance so we often find landlords and homeowners asking why a home emergency is necessary.

What's covered?

Well, to put it simply, content insurance will cover you for damage caused by flooding, but it won’t cover the cost of coming out to put a stop to the leak as soon as it has sprung.

Home emergency policies are designed to ensure any emergency is resolved as quickly as possible.

Ensuring you are protected from plumbing, drainage or boiler issues is the key to a landlord and tenants’ peace of mind. Not only this, but we know from experience that when things go wrong, they can end up becoming costly for landlords.

Whether it's burst pipes and leaks, plumbing and drainage, gas and electrical supplies, pest control or boiler cover, a home emergency policy saves you time, money, and stress – ensuring you can provide your tenants with the reassurance that no matter the emergency you have it covered.

Big Warranties provides home emergency cover landlords and their tenants can trust with the following benefits.

- 24-hour emergency claims

- Claim multiple times

- Parts, labour call out included

- £5,000 Cover

- No Admin or Call Out Fees

- Electrical, Water, Plumbing & Drainage

- Pest Control and Home Security

- Boiler cover available with annual service

Most insurers will now offer home emergency packages to landlords, this means that your mandatory boiler service can be included in a policy price, which is one less thing for you to worry about. We can take down the date of your previous service and schedule one in with our gas engineer 12 months from that date.

If you're interested in understanding more about Landlord Home Emergency cover, give our advisors a call on 0333 733 0733 or grab a free quote here.

Read more from us

Big Warranties landlord cover. Young female landlord shows male couple paperwork in a property.

Fair wear and tear in rental properties

When renting out a property, it's essential to understand the concept of fair wear and tear. Our blog explains what it is & how you can protect your property.
Ruby Fuller
November 10, 2023
A hand scrubbing away at mould on a wall with hot soapy water

Who is responsible for cleaning mould in a rented property? Our comprehensive guide

Learn about the responsibilities of landlords & tenants in dealing with mould in rented properties in the UK and how you can prevent mould outright.
Ruby Fuller
July 27, 2023
Man looking through paperwork

Landlord's guide to the new renter's reform bill - BIG Warranties

Explore our comprehensive guide on the Renters' Reform Bill. Stay informed about your obligations as a landlord and discover how BIG Warranties can as
Ruby Fuller
June 8, 2023
Join our newsletter

For the latest BIG news and tips on how to keep your cost of living low.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
By subscribing you agree to our Communication Policy
We provide a great range of home appliance insurance policies and warranties for landlords and homeowners across the UK, covering ovens, fridges, washing machines, freezers, dishwashers and more. Plus affordable landlord and homeowner home emergency insurance covering boilers, plumbing and drainage and even more.
© {YEAR} BIG Warranties Ltd (Company No. 07002567) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under FRN No.798998. BIG Warranties Trading Address: Enterprise House, 21 Oxford Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EY