Landlord boiler cover

Landlord boiler cover is a boiler insurance policy specifically designed by us for landlords. Comprehensively covering your boiler in the event of an emergency breakdown. Make the most of your cover by upgrading to home emergency cover to ensure your plumbing, water supply and other aspects of your let property are covered.

Boiler & central heating

Gas, water & electrical supply covered

Up to 3 claims per year

Protect your property from £9.40 a month

Paper plane being delivered with a trail of dots to show speed. Icon
Thank you!

Your insurance quote has been submitted and one of our expert insurance agents will be in touch with you soon.

In the meantime why don't you check out our recent blog posts?

Please check all the form fields are complete and try again
Love heart balloon. Icon.

Over 14 years experience

Our experience in providing comprehensive protection for our customers has resulted in us becoming the UK's leading provider of home emergency cover.

Head and shoulders outline. Icon.

We've insured 200k+ customers

Customer satisfaction is at the heart of everything we do, which is why we offer affordable policies without sacrificing the service of features you need.

Clock. Icon.

24 hour emergency claims

We understand that home emergencies can happen any time of the day or night, which is why we're on hand around the clock to answer your call in an emergency.

How it works

It's easy to take out home emergency insurance with BIG Warranties

Filled tick boxes next to wireframe text. Icon.

Enter your details

Simply enter your details via the form and you'll receive an instant price online.

Telephone. Icon.

Pick up the phone

A member of our UK-based team will be in touch to discuss your quote - we operate 9am-6pm Mon-Fri.

BIG Warranties agent headphone set. Icon

Tell us what you need

Our agents will work with you to quickly find a home emergency policy that suits your needs and budget.

White tick. Icon.

Your home will be covered

Once you have agreed on a cover level for your home, we'll set up your policy and send all of your documents over via your preferred method.

We're here when more than one thing goes wrong

Multiple claims

At BIG warranties we don't believe that your policy should be limited to one claim per year. We believe in a comprehensive cover that will protect you for up to 3 claims should they occur.

As well as boiler insurance for landlords, we also offer a complete home emergency cover policy, which includes plumbing & drainage, as well as policies for landlords to protect appliances.

Want to find out more about our landlord boiler insurance? Check out our boiler cover FAQs.

“Very happy with Big Warranties providing Home Emergency & Boiler cover. Have just renewed at highly competitive rates, for our second year with them. Would definitely recommend”
An anonymous profile. Icon.

Sally, Happy customer

Always avaliable

24-hour emergency helpline

When an emergency occurs in one of your properties, we understand you need assistance as quickly as possible, which is why we have a 24-hour helpline to process a claim any time, day or night.

Your landlord boiler insurance policy ensures that whenever your tenant's boiler breaks down, day or night, you've got a team of experts on hand to help get it back up and running as soon as possible.

Taking out a policy with us is easy - get an instant quote online, or give us a call on 0333 370 4242.

“A+ service as always with Big Warranties! The repair on our boiler was excellent and quick.”
An anonymous profile. Icon.

Shelia, Happy customer

Catch up on the latest

Read our latest blog posts, why not subscribe to our email for more news!

Big Warranties landlord cover. Young female landlord shows male couple paperwork in a property.

Fair wear and tear in rental properties

When renting out a property, it's essential to understand the concept of fair wear and tear. Our blog explains what it is & how you can protect your property.
Ruby Fuller
November 10, 2023
A hand scrubbing away at mould on a wall with hot soapy water

Who is responsible for cleaning mould in a rented property? Our comprehensive guide

Learn about the responsibilities of landlords & tenants in dealing with mould in rented properties in the UK and how you can prevent mould outright.
Ruby Fuller
July 27, 2023
Man looking through paperwork

Landlord's guide to the new renter's reform bill - BIG Warranties

Explore our comprehensive guide on the Renters' Reform Bill. Stay informed about your obligations as a landlord and discover how BIG Warranties can as
Ruby Fuller
June 8, 2023

Get BIG landlord cover, at small prices, today.

Protect what matters most to you with comprehensive cover.

Trusted by our wonderful customers

Frequently asked questions

Do you have any questions about landlord boiler cover? From what your boiler insurance policy covers, to how frequently landlords need to have boilers serviced, our home emergency insurance experts have the answers you need.

Still have questions?

Why do I need landlord boiler cover?
Black arrow outline. Pointing down.

Most landlord insurance will cover the building not the contents of the property. When your boiler breaks down it will not be covered in landlord insurance.

However, our comprehensive landlord boiler cover provides assistance for boiler breakdown.

What is landlord boiler cover?
Black arrow outline. Pointing down.

Landlord boiler cover is a policy specifically designed for landlords that wish to cover boiler breakdowns in their properties.

What does boiler breakdown cover include?
Black arrow outline. Pointing down.

Boiler breakdown cover includes gas boiler, central heating, electrical supply, gas supply, and water supply. Alternatively, you could upgrade to a Home Emergency and Boiler cover which will include additional benefits such as plumbing and drainage and overnight accommodation.

Is landlord boiler insurance compulsory?
Black arrow outline. Pointing down.

Landlord boiler cover is not a legal requirement. However, landlords are legally responsible for making sure their tenants are consistently provided with heating and hot water. Many landlords will take out boiler cover to ensure they are covered for any unexpected expenses.

Am I responsible for boiler servicing or are my tenants?
Black arrow outline. Pointing down.

According to The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 you are expected to keep all installations that supply water, gas, and electricity in good working order. So, therefore, the landlord is responsible for servicing a rental property's boiler and having a valid CP12 certificate.

Join our newsletter

For the latest BIG news and tips on how to keep your cost of living low.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
By subscribing you agree to our Communication Policy
We provide a great range of home appliance insurance policies and warranties for landlords and homeowners across the UK, covering ovens, fridges, washing machines, freezers, dishwashers and more. Plus affordable landlord and homeowner home emergency insurance covering boilers, plumbing and drainage and even more.
© {YEAR} BIG Warranties Ltd (Company No. 07002567) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under FRN No.798998. BIG Warranties Trading Address: Enterprise House, 21 Oxford Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EY